Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Daffodils

 
You get a lot of bang for your buck with daffodils.  They start in March here and are still going strong in April.  I planted the original ones from Brecks six years ago, since then I've divided them and they are still doing great.


Growing up I was pretty oblivious about flowers.  I knew tulips and roses but that was about it.  Driving back and forth to to my college is when I first noticed yellow flowers on the farms I would pass, and I thought, rather vaguely, they must be daffodils.  They were!  Their bright spots of color still warm up my spring days and bring a smile to my face.  Here's some of my daffodils with a few tulips and a ring of small grape hyacinth around the tree.  I love being able to look out on them from my front window.

No comments:

Post a Comment