Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sharing Our Bananas


Mother Teresa once said that in India starving people would generally share their last banana, but in America we have a big bunch and we won't share even one. The image this bring to mind still haunts me.

Luckily, in the age of the internet we can make a difference around the world with a click of a button. We can share our bananas, so to speak. Have you ever been to globalgiving.org? If not, I recommend browsing their site. You can pick causes to support based on region of the globe or target group you want to help.

My favorite Christmas shopping this year was done on globalgiving. Do yourself a favor and experience the joy of giving $10 to a cause you didn't even know about this morning. It feels good.

2 comments:

  1. I came across your blog while checking my google alerts regarding my sites. From one Purplebear to another lol :) just saying Hi.:) You have a very nice blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey purplebear - thanks for the shout-out!!
    Donna @ GlobalGiving

    ReplyDelete