Sunday, July 24, 2011

Framed Crystals?

Mom and I teamed up to create these...suncatchers?  light catchers?  Framed amulets or hanging crystals?  Please comment and let me know what you think they should be called.  We're starting to add them to my etsy shop...but we still don't know what to call them.

Several years ago my mom started embellishing crystal prisms with well selected additional crystal, stone, and glass beads.  For example, the one on the bottom is the "Purple Bears" one she gifted me with featuring little purple bear beads.  It's lovely, but it would seem to get overlooked in of my house. That's when I decided to frame it, and the combo really is breathtaking if I do say so myself.  I took it in to show Mom at work, and her co-workers all stopped to stare as well.  
First one posted on etsy...called a framed amulet?
"It" is the perfect combo of her amulets and my stained glass.  Of course, it could be called a suncatcher, but it's not the traditional type at all.  So how to convey the difference the open space and hanging crystals in the middle makes?

No comments:

Post a Comment