Monday, August 31, 2009

Classic Books Free Online

One of my favorite treasures I've found via AmblesideOnline.org is the great books available online FREE from the Baldwin Project.


The Gutenburg Project, www.gutenburg.org, is a project that scans copyright free books, which means older books, and making them available online. This is great, but the plain text and no illustrations leaves me a bit cold. Admirable project though.

The Baldwin Project, www.mainlesson.com, took it a step forward and the books pop up on a yellow background which I find pleasant, large font size my son can read, and great illustrations incorporated. I'm in love with the books there! Some of the books are available to purchase, but never fear the full text is still available online.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. I too find the 'multi-guess' questions in year 3 irritating in MEP - but not irritating enough to stop me using the whole program. I can't say enough about this wonderful program. The nice thing about its being free is that you can just print a few weeks out and give it a try!!

    I love Baldwin's books too. The print books are well made as well. She has done a lot for AO users (Did you know Lisa, the owner is an AO user for her family too?)

    Finally, I wish you lived nearer - we have a home full of beautiful old stained glass and one needs repairing. You couldn't just pop over to Australia and do it for me could you??? hehe

    ReplyDelete