Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Roses and clematis

Hurray! Patience does pay off.  It  takes time to build a really nice garden.  My clematis gave me a good reminder when it bloomed for the first time.  It took 4 years, but it looks exactly like I planned intwined with the roses!

The roses are a dark pink so I chose purple for the clematis.  Both would look great against my yellow house - really pop.  Except the clematis didn't take off as fast as the roses.  I've accidently pulled them, and the boys have tromped on them more than once.  But it never died so I left it where it was and tried new things to protect it (rocks around the base so I know where it is).

What a good lesson for me.  I forget that as I get my etsy shop up and running that it takes time to build up a following for any business. If I do what I need to nurture it along and I stick with it...all will work out as it should.  Do your best, leave the rest to God.

Last night I sketched out a stained glass panel of the clematis and roses...can't wait to start cutting the glass, although I might change the colors of the flowers.  I just did a purple crocus panel and I'd like to use a different color.  Right now I'm off to wrap copper foil around a purple and blue panel I'm working on.  What fun!

1 comment: