Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July Celebration



My mom's family makes a really big deal about the 4th of July. For starters, on July 3, everyone comes down to her farm for our own fireworks. We get there early for smoke bombs and kid stuff. My uncle swoops in right before dusk with a staggering amount of fireworks. We all ooh and ahh.

The next day, the actual 4th, we head out to the lake. The boys jump in swimming, riding the waves, laughing and giggling, and making up games. They spent 2 hours in the water. As soon as they were out of the water we went on a boat ride, had a picnic, and the boys made castles in the sand.

It was a picture perfect day. Of course, I have 50 photos of the boys, and this is the best picture I have of Shawn. None of me. Sigh. Will I never learn to get photos of the whole family?

No comments:

Post a Comment