Thursday, July 9, 2009

Smoothies


Okay, I admit it. I want my smoothies sweeter than my kids. My son even likes to make KoolAid with less sugar than they recommend (1 1/2 cups sugar for 2 packets), and he taught his little brother to do it the same way. Which I think is great, don't get me wrong...but I was raised on junk food and it seems to be harder for me than it is for the kids. Here's today's smoothie:

1 c strawberry yogurt
1 tray ice cubes
1 c milk
1/2 c mixed frozen berries

The kids love it, but I'm thinking it's kinda bland and could use some honey. I could add it anyway, but I don't want to train them to want it sweeter. If they saw me putting sugar or honey in mine, they would definitely want it in their smoothies, too.

Yesterday the writer of an article said one thing she loves about kids is having Hoo Hoos in the house - well for me it's the opposite. Now I don't have Apple Jacks and other junk food in the house. The sacrifices we make for our children. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment